March 22, Baseball Update
While the suspension of all Baseball activities in BC continues, we still have almost a month until our initial planned opening day, which was scheduled for April 19th.
All parties involved, including Baseball Canada, Baseball BC, BC Minor Baseball, West Kelowna Minor Baseball, BC Baseball Umpires Association and the City of West Kelowna all want to see the season proceed, but like everyone else, we understand the magnitude of the current situation with the COVID-19 Virus.In the background, plans are still being made to proceed with the season if and when we get full clearance to resume play by Baseball BC, our Provincial Sports Organization, and BC Minor Baseball. We have had some inquiries regarding the status of the season.
We ask at this time for your patience while we see how the situation unfolds and can make a definitive decision regarding the future of the 2020 Baseball Season.Should the season not proceed, WKMBA will be issuing a full refund to all players who have paid their registration fees. The Board of Directors of West Kelowna Minor Baseball will continue to prepare for the upcoming season until it is no longer feasible to do so. We will keep you posted with any updates as we receive them. Thank you,